Canada Westport home destroyed by fire, family of five displaced

13:06  19 june  2017
13:06  19 june  2017 Source:   CBC

Nunavut loses 5 public housing units to fire in 3 weeks

  Nunavut loses 5 public housing units to fire in 3 weeks With no vacant units immediately available, 5 families are forced to rely on relatives after fires in Rankin Inlet, Pangnirtung and Pond Inlet.There's already a long wait list for public housing in Nunavut, due to a shortage of housing units. The fires in Rankin Inlet, Pangnirtung, and Pond Inlet have all resulted in families being displaced from their homes.

A family of five is grateful to be alive after a fire took over their home injuring a 1-year-old baby. The family was also displaced by hurricane Katrina back in 2005 and has been living in Orange every since.

A fire in the Pala area early Monday destroyed a home and left its five residents displaced . × Pala home destroyed by fire , family displaced .

  Westport home destroyed by fire, family of five displaced © Copyright: (C) Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, http://www.cbc.ca/aboutcbc/discover/termsofuse.htm... About 220 people live in Westport, a small community on Newfoundland's Baie Verte Peninsula that is about 180 km northwest of Grand Falls-Windsor. © Copyright: (C) Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, http://www.cbc.ca/aboutcbc/discover/termsofuse.htm... About 220 people live in Westport, a small community on Newfoundland's Baie Verte Peninsula that is about 180 km northwest of Grand Falls-Windsor.

A family on Newfoundland's Baie Verte Peninsula lost its home in a fire over the weekend.

The house Post Office Road in Westport caught fire Saturday night around 8 p.m. and was destroyed, displacing the five family members who lived there.

The family, a couple and their three children ranging in age from three to eight years old, were not injured. They are now staying with relatives.

The Canadian Red Cross said it is helping the family with emergency supplies such as clothing and food.

A door screwed shut, a tiny window, an ignored smoke alarm, and two lost lives .
A door screwed shut, a tiny window, an ignored smoke alarm, and two lost livesThe three were trapped by fire and smoke in the stairway outside the bedroom door of the two-storey Lindsay-area home, according to a Kawartha Lakes Fire and Rescue Service report obtained by the Star.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!