Canada Elderly couple dead after high levels of carbon monoxide found in Etobicoke home

17:06  02 october  2017
17:06  02 october  2017 Source:   Metro News

Chemical spill in Etobicoke leads to evacuations

  Chemical spill in Etobicoke leads to evacuations Toronto Fire said a chemical leak in Etobicoke has led to an evacuation and one person has been taken to hospital.Capt. David Eckerman said the ammonia leak occurred just before 9 a.m. at Kipling Ave. and Evans Ave. and that businesses and three residences in a 500-foot radius have been evacuated. Capt. David Eckerman said the ammonia leak occurred just before 9 a.m. at Kipling Ave. and Evans Ave. and that businesses and three residences in a 500-foot radius have been evacuated.

An elderly couple has died after their Etobicoke home was found to have a high level of carbon monoxide . A running vehicle engine can also cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Large exposure to it can cause loss of consciousness and death .

An elderly couple has been pronounced dead after suffering what is believed to be carbon monoxide poisoning at an Etobicoke home , Toronto paramedics say. Michael Westwood told CBC Toronto a high level of carbon monoxide was found at the home .

The man and woman were found in the garage of an Etobicoke home where there was a high level of carbon monoxide.: Elderly couple dead after high levels of carbon monoxide found in Etobicoke home © Provided by Free Daily News Group Inc Elderly couple dead after high levels of carbon monoxide found in Etobicoke home

An elderly couple has died after their Etobicoke home was found to have a high level of carbon monoxide.

Toronto Fire Services said at 9:26 p.m. at a house on Bywood Dr. and Remington Dr. near Kipling Ave., the man and woman were found in the garage and CPR was performed on scene. They are both in their 80s.

Carbon monoxide is a colourless and odourless gas that is common in household appliances such as heating systems and some cooking appliances. A running vehicle engine can also cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Large exposure to it can cause loss of consciousness and death.

Toronto police said it is too early in the investigation to consider the incident as suspicious or not.

Toronto Fire Services said the carbon monoxide will not affect any of the surrounding homes.

IMF warns of Canada's high debt levels .
The International Monetary Fund warns in a new report about Canada's high debt levels and higher-than-average pressure on Canadian households' ability to pay down that debt. The IMF says in its Global Financial Stability report released Wednesday that these dynamics in Canada's private non-financial sector leaves its economy more sensitive to tighter financial conditions and weaker economic activity. Canada was named along with Australia, Brazil, China and Korea as countries where the debt-service ratio has risen to high levels.

Source: http://ca.pressfrom.com/news/canada/-47569-elderly-couple-dead-after-high-levels-of-carbon-monoxide-found-in-etobicoke-home/

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!