Canada Three charged in naked Nisku crash make first court appearance

03:26  10 november  2017
03:26  10 november  2017 Source:   edmontonjournal.com

Corvette lands on top of car parked in Brampton driveway

  Corvette lands on top of car parked in Brampton driveway Corvette lands on top of car parked in Brampton drivewayBrampton firefighters had to extricate the trapped driver of the Corvette following the crash, which happened just before 8 p.m. on Harold Street near Stanley Court. Pictures from the scene show the Corvette sitting perpendicular on top of a Toyota Yaris.

The people charged in a bizarre naked kidnapping that ended in a car crash may have The 35-year-old woman, who had already been released from custody, made a first appearance Thursday in Leduc court .  Family taken in naked Nisku kidnapping case were frightened, want answers Alberta

Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz made his first appearance in a Broward County court Thursday, charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder

110617-no_object-60209224-20171106DB002-W.jpg:  © David Bloom

The people charged in a bizarre naked kidnapping that ended in a car crash may have unknowingly drank some hallucinogenic tea over breakfast, says a relative.

Two women and one man were arrested naked at a Monday morning crash scene in Nisku after a truck driver was rammed from behind when he stopped to help a man, woman and baby who police later said escaped from the suspects’ vehicle on Township Road 510. Two teenage girls were also arrested unclothed at the time, but were later released.

Police said the three who had been kidnapped were taken from a home near Nisku about 20 minutes prior to the 10 a.m. crash. The man, who was in the trunk of the suspect vehicle, managed to escape, followed by the woman and child. The man driving a company truck spotted the three in the snowy roadside ditch without shoes and picked them up. The driver of the suspect vehicle then rammed the truck before spinning out into the ditch.

Syncrude facing new charges for deaths of 31 great blue herons in 2015

  Syncrude facing new charges for deaths of 31 great blue herons in 2015 Syncrude Canada is facing two new federal charges for allegedly destroying or disturbing a nest or egg, following the deaths of 31 great blue herons in August 2015. Syncrude Canada is facing two new federal charges for allegedly destroying or disturbing a nest or egg, following the deaths of 31 great blue herons in August 2015.

Leduc — One of three people arrested in a bizarre case of an Alberta family allegedly kidnapped by a group of naked people is facing additional charges . Court records show a 35-year-old woman has been charged with impaired driving, dangerous driving, causing property damage over

Three people are due to appear in a Canadian court on charges of kidnapping in a bizarre case that burst into public view after a car full of naked people The Royal Canadian Mounted Police were called to the scene of a collision earlier this week in an industrial park in Nisku , south of Edmonton.

The three adults made a brief appearance in court on Thursday.

“It’s absolutely crazy,” said the relative, who cannot be named due to a court publication ban protecting the identity of youths involved in the case.

“It’s a scary thought thinking, ’Oh, let’s try this tea that we purchased.’ And then all sit down thinking they’re just going to have a nice morning and end up in that circumstance.”

He told The Canadian Press that his two daughters, who are 13 and 15, and his ex-wife were having breakfast with two friends — a man and his wife. The man had recently travelled overseas and brought back some tea from India. The relative did not know the name of the tea.

That kicked off the “whole crazy spell,” he said.

On Thursday in Leduc court, a publication ban was ordered on the names of the accused because that could identify the two teenage girls. The youths may be called as witnesses in the case, court heard.

'The world will just not be the same': Driver charged in death of Parkdale cyclist

  'The world will just not be the same': Driver charged in death of Parkdale cyclist 'The world will just not be the same': Driver charged in death of Parkdale cyclist A 26-year-old driver has been charged in the collision that killed Parkdale cyclist David Delos Santos in mid-October.The man was driving a Ford Ranger pickup southbound on Cowan Avenue at King Street W. when he collided with a westbound streetcar and then struck the 39-year-old cyclist, according to a police news release.The driver has been charged under the Highway Traffic Act with careless driving and start from stopped position not in safety. He will appear in court at Old City Hall on Dec. 14.

The Milwaukee police officer who shot and killed a man, leading to the unrest in Sherman Park, is now charged with sexual assault and soliciting prostitution.

A bizarre crash in Nisku that ended Monday morning with five naked people in police custody began with a kidnapping Three adults remained in police custody Tuesday. Two youth were released without charges . Five Indigenous students make history by undertaking PhD in native studies

A 27-year-old man and two women, aged 35 and 30, are facing a string of charges in the wake of the kidnappings.

The 35-year-old woman, who had already been released from custody, made a first appearance Thursday. She is charged with two counts of kidnapping, mischief damaging property over $5,000 and resisting a peace officer.

The other woman has been charged with three counts of kidnapping and one count of resisting a peace officer. The 27-year-old man, her husband, faces the same charges.

The two were granted $3,000 bail after appearing by CCTV from the Edmonton Remand Centre. The man wore an orange jumpsuit, she a yellow jumpsuit. They were ordered to abstain from drugs, alcohol and weapons and to stay away from the complainants’ home.

The relative said he laughed about the case when he heard it on the news, then was shocked to learn that his straight-laced daughters were involved.

Former broadcaster Steve Vogelsang charged in Saskatoon bank robbery

  Former broadcaster Steve Vogelsang charged in Saskatoon bank robbery Former Winnipeg broadcaster and journalism instructor Steve Vogelsang is facing another bank robbery charge, this time in connection with a robbery in Saskatoon. The city's police service said in a news release Tuesday the 53-year-old will be charged in connection with a bank robbery on Eighth Street E. in Saskatoon on July 31. According to police, the man involved in the Saskatoon robbery said he had a weapon, although none was seen. He demanded and received money from an employee before fleeing. Vogelsang is currently in Medicine Hat, Alta., where he is being held on charges in connection with other bank robberies.

Khadija Hamilton, of Jersey City, rested her forehead on her hand and appeared tearful as she made her first appearance on charges related to the 3 a.m. crash Hamilton was represented by defense attorney Darryl Smith as she appeared in Criminal Justice Reform Court in Jersey City this afternoon

Three alleged kidnappers who were arrested in the nude after a collision in Nisku have been charged . A 27-year-old man and two women, ages 35 and 30, were to appear Thursday in Leduc court on charges of kidnapping and resisting arrest.

“I was just like what the heck?”

He visited his youngest girl in hospital, who had been taken with some of the other suspects for treatment.

They don’t remember what happened, the man said.

“Whatever potency that stuff had obviously is making it so it’s just a big blur,” he said, adding blood tests were also taken at the hospital.

“Nothing came back like illicit drugs, so they figure it may have been some type of herbal drug or something.”

He said the three people who were forced from their homes are also family friends and aren’t holding any grudges. They probably opened their door that morning trying to help, he suggested.

He also believes the car rammed the truck because the tea made those inside think the family had been abducted by the truck driver — not the other way around.

“They were under the impression that they were saving that guy and the woman and the little girl.”

jwakefield@postmedia.com

One dead, 5 to hospital in Kingston, Ont., crash .
KINGSTON, Ont. - A man who was checking the damage on his vehicle after a minor crash is dead after another car rammed into him, Ontario Provincial Police said. Early indications suggest an SUV crashed into the guardrail on the highway and was stopped in the passing lane at about 5 a.m. on Saturday in Kingston, Ont. "We believe he came out of the vehicle to look at the damage when the car behind him a short time later ran into the back of the vehicle," Early indications suggest an SUV crashed into the guardrail on the highway and was stopped in the passing lane at about 5 a.m. on Saturday in Kingston, Ont.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!