Canada Saskatoon couple acquitted of sexually assaulting 16-year-old girl

10:52  02 december  2017
10:52  02 december  2017 Source:   thestarphoenix.com

Another Woman Accuses Jeremy Piven Of Groping Her On 'Entourage' Set

  Another Woman Accuses Jeremy Piven Of Groping Her On 'Entourage' Set Another woman has accused actor Jeremy Piven of sexual misconduct on the set of “Entourage,” BuzzFeed News reported Wednesday. In 2009, Anastasia Taneie, who was 23 at the time, was cast as an extra on the hit HBO show. She said Piven, who won multiple awards for his portrayal of Hollywood agent Ari Gold, pushed her up against a wall in a dark hallway as he grabbed her breasts and genitals. Taneie said that Piven stopped when an assistant director walked by. The actor then told the assistant director to remove Taneie from the set because she came on to him.

Hawaiian woman, 36, who runs a boarding house for Japanese exchange students, is charged with sexually assaulting a 16 - year - old boy who was bedridden in Don Jr. poses with girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle at Poison gig days after his ex-wife Vanessa gave the new couple her public backing.

(KATU) – Detectives are searching for a man accused of sexually assaulting a 9- year - old girl while she was asleep in an apartment in Clackamas County.The assault happened on Feb. Charges reduced for California couple who housed kids in desert shack.

080317-no_object-225937870-Saskatoon_Court_House_LDR003-W.jpg© Liam Richards 080317-no_object-225937870-Saskatoon_Court_House_LDR003-W.jpg

The Crown failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a Saskatoon couple sexually assaulted a 16-year-old girl in a basement where they had been partying earlier that morning, a jury ruled.

Jurors deliberated for two and a half hours on Friday afternoon before reaching the not guilty verdicts following the couple’s sexual assault trial in Saskatoon Court of Queen’s Bench.

The acquitted couple mouthed the words “thank you” to jurors as they left the room. They hugged and cried after Justice Richard Danyliuk told them they were free to go.

Saskatoon pair on trial, accused of sexually assaulting 16-year-old girl

  Saskatoon pair on trial, accused of sexually assaulting 16-year-old girl Saskatoon pair on trial, accused of sexually assaulting 16-year-old girl*Warning: disturbing content

Saskatoon . A teacher is accused of sexually assaulting a seven- year - old girl while she was taking art classes in Toronto. The girl was attending the 10-week program at 4Cats Arts Studio located in The Junction area, police said.

A jury acquitted him of felony rape charges in the assault on 15- year - old girl . Punished: Owen Labrie, 20, pictured in court Thursday, was sentenced to one year in jail plus probation for sexually assaulting a 15- year - old girl .

The man and woman, both 45, were accused of engaging in sex acts with a drunk 16-year-old girl on June 20, 2015.

The evidence is clear that the girl was drinking that night, but her level of intoxication was disputed throughout the trial.

While 16 is the legal age of consent in Canada, Crown prosecutor Rochelle Wempe argued the complainant was too drunk to give consent.

The girl testified she had been drinking and socializing with a group of adults, including her uncle and the couple — who she had met for the first time that night.

She said she started blacking in and out and awoke to the man raping her while the woman held her down on a couch in her basement. The girl testified she said “no” and “stop” because it hurt.

This recollection was consistent throughout the girl’s police interviews and court testimonies. However, during cross-examination at trial, her story included sex acts with the female accused. The complainant admitted previously lying while under oath when she said there was no sexual contact between her and the woman.

Appeal in Calgary child killing dismissed

  Appeal in Calgary child killing dismissed Appeal in Calgary child killing dismissedOTTAWA - The Supreme Court of Canada has dismissed an appeal from a couple convicted in the beating death of their six-year-old daughter.

The highest sentence was 1 year and 9 month due to sexual assault and robbery. 52 of the accused men had to be acquitted due to lack of unanimous identification. In addition, a 16 - year - old girl and a 22- year - old woman were sexually assaulted .

Woman discovered husband was assaulting their 9 year old daughter. Convicted. 16 .08.2012. Boy accused of raping and murdering neighbour's 6-yr-old, acquitted of rape, convicted of murder. 16 .12.2013. Tenant broke into house and raped seven- year - old girl .

The complainant isn’t credible and shouldn’t be believed, defence lawyers Rylund Hunter and Jane Basinski told the jury. Wempe said the girl was trying to tell the full truth by including details she was previously too embarrassed to disclose.

An accused is not required to testify, but the man and woman each took the stand to tell their version of events.

They said they were drinking in the girl’s basement that night, but denied having any sexual contact with the complainant when they briefly returned to the house later that morning to retrieve a bottle of vodka.

The couple testified they had a domestic dispute over whether to continue partying at another house and left separately from the girl’s home.

Wempe questioned why the girl would make up a sexual assault involving complete strangers and then get a rape kit done the next day.

The doctor who examined her noted a vaginal injury consistent with forced penetration. Hunter reminded jurors that there were other ways that injury could have occurred.

The defence argued there was an overall lack of physical evidence because the complainant did not have any other bruises or marks, and a vaginal swab sent for testing contained only the victim’s DNA.

The now 18-year-old complainant, who lives in Prince Albert, was not in court for the verdict. Jurors cannot present reasons for their decision.

bmcadam@postmedia.com

twitter.com/breezybremc

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau makes stops in North Battleford, Saskatoon .
Following an evening meet-and-greet in North Battleford, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wrapped up a whirlwind visit to Saskatchewan with breakfast in Saskatoon. Trudeau was in the province Thursday night to prop up Liberal Party candidate Larry Ingram, who is running the Battlefords-Lloydminster byelection. On Friday morning, Trudeau made an appearance at Saskatoon restaurant Hometown Diner.

Source: http://ca.pressfrom.com/news/canada/-55694-saskatoon-couple-acquitted-of-sexually-assaulting-16-year-old-girl/

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!