Canada Bruce McArthur remanded in custody after court appearance Wednesday

18:36  14 february  2018
18:36  14 february  2018 Source:   Toronto Star

Police recover remains of six people in Bruce McArthur investigation

  Police recover remains of six people in Bruce McArthur investigation Police recover remains of six people in Bruce McArthur investigationDet. Sgt. Hank Idsinga says more charges are expected against McArthur, who is currently charged with first-degree murder in the presumed deaths of five men.

He nodded repeatedly with a tight smile as the judge explained he will remain in custody until his next court appearance on Jan. His lawyer Eric Granger was not in court Wednesday . Bruce McArthur . Star Projects. Book Reviews.

Mordecai Lottering speaks to reporters following the first appearance of Bruce McArthur , who is accused of the first degree murder He was remanded into police custody and will appear again on Feb. 14 via video link. A court on Wednesday released on ,000 bail the second man charged

Accused serial killer Bruce McArthur made a brief court appearance via video link Wednesday morning.

Wearing an orange jumpsuit, McArthur stated his name clearly and stared blankly into the video camera broadcasting his image in a crowded downtown courtroom.

Prosecutor Mike Cantlon told court his office is currently vetting and screening the disclosure it received yesterday from Toronto police.

McArthur’s lawyer, Calvin Rosemont, noted that today was his client's third appearance without receiving disclosure.

McArthur was remanded in custody until Feb.28, when he is scheduled again to appear by video link from the Toronto South detention centre.

Bruce McArthur to make court appearance

  Bruce McArthur to make court appearance Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur will appear in a Toronto court by video this morning. McArthur is facing five first-degree murder charges related to the disappearances of men who are all believed to have had ties to the LGBTQ community.

Alleged Toronto serial killer Bruce McArthur facing 3 more murder 19 Jan 2018 He appeared in court in Toronto on Friday morning and was remanded into custody . All three women appear to be out of custody . His next court appearance is scheduled for Valentine's Day.

Bruce McArthur appears in 19 Jan 2018 Police discovered evidence pertaining to four different men in the Toronto apartment of Bruce McArthur , the man charged in connection to the presumed deaths of two men from Toronto's After the appearance , he was remanded into custody and is next

McArthur is facing five first-degree murder charges related to the disappearances of men who are all believed to have had ties to the LGBTQ community.

Investigators have said they expect to lay more charges against the 66-year-old in the coming days.

Police say they’ve recovered the dismembered remains of six individuals from large planters at a Toronto home where McArthur rented storage space and worked as a landscaper.

Read more:

Police to wrap up search for alleged serial killer victims at Leaside home

With remains of six victims found in Bruce McArthur case, police anticipate more charges

What happened to Project Houston, the Toronto police search for three missing men?

Toronto police have so far only identified one of the sets of remains — those of Andrew Kinsman.

Bruce McArthur investigation: Toronto police to provide update Friday morning

  Bruce McArthur investigation: Toronto police to provide update Friday morning Bruce McArthur investigation: Toronto police to provide update Friday morningHe will speak at 10:45 a.m. following the latest update that investigators believe some of the Gay Village murder victims were allegedly killed in McArthur’s apartment.

Bruce McArthur , a 66-year-old landscaper, was remanded into custody after his brief court appearance Friday morning. He’ll appear in court again on February 14. There is a publication ban on evidence presented in court .

Bruce McArthur , left, appears in court in Toronto on Friday, Jan. McArthur was remanded into police custody and will appear again on Feb. 14 via video link. Partly cloudy. Feels like -10°C. Wednesday -5°C. Thursday -6°C. Friday -5°C.

On Tuesday, police wrapped up the excavation of the property where the remains were found and announced that they had not found any more.

Bruce McArthur is facing five first-degree murder charges related to the disappearances of men who are all believed to have had ties to the LGBTQ community.© Facebook Bruce McArthur is facing five first-degree murder charges related to the disappearances of men who are all believed to have had ties to the LGBTQ community.

Last month, McArthur was charged with 49-year-old Kinsman’s death, as well as the presumed death of 44-year-old Selim Esen. Both men went missing from Toronto’s gay village in 2017.

Police laid three more first-degree murder charges against McArthur about two weeks later, related to the disappearances of Majeed Kayhan, 58, and Soroush Mahmudi, 50, as well as the death of Dean Lisowick, either 43 or 44, who had never been reported missing.

Det.-Sgt. Hank Idsinga said Tuesday that the investigation will concentrate on evidence gathered so far before focusing on the 30 other properties identified as places of interest.

With a report from Canadian Press

Excavation could start today at property where Bruce McArthur allegedly hid human remains .
Police say that the excavation of the yard of a Leaside home as part of their investigation into alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur could start today.Officers have been using heaters to thaw the frozen ground behind a home on Mallory Crescent where McArthur worked and stored tools, and where the dismembered skeletal remains of at least three people were discovered hidden in planters.

Source: http://ca.pressfrom.com/news/canada/-63475-bruce-mcarthur-remanded-in-custody-after-court-appearance-wednesday/

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!