Canada Alexandre Bissonnette ‘regrets’ not shooting more people in Quebec mosque attack

05:25  17 april  2018
05:25  17 april  2018 Source:   Global News

Quebec mosque shooter Alexandre Bissonnette trawled Trump's Twitter feed

  Quebec mosque shooter Alexandre Bissonnette trawled Trump's Twitter feed He was reading news about the U.S. president on a daily basis, according to evidence presented at his sentencing hearing in Quebec City Monday.QUEBEC — Evidence from Alexandre Bissonnette’s computer presented in court Monday indicates the Quebec mosque shooter was obsessed with U.S. President Donald Trump, Muslims, Dylann Roof, mass shootings and feminists.

Les parents d' Alexandre Bissonnette voudraient exprimer leurs regrets . Three Shooters Attack Québec Mosque . Alexandre Bissonnette . Alexandre Bissonnette is the 'patsy' in the Quebec Mosque shooting .

Many members of Quebec City's Muslim community were present in court Monday. Alleged Quebec City mosque shooter Alexandre Bissonnette formally entered not-guilty plea on six murder, five attempted murder charges Accused in Quebec City mosque shooting to go straight to trial: Crown.

A march will be held Sunday in Quebec City to remember the victims of last week's deadly mosque attack, Sunday, February 5, 2017.: Azzedine Najd and Fadwa Achmaoui stand by a memorial near their mosque which was site of Sunday's deadly shooting, Tuesday, January 31, 2017 in Quebec City. © Jacques Boissinot / The Canadian Press Azzedine Najd and Fadwa Achmaoui stand by a memorial near their mosque which was site of Sunday's deadly shooting, Tuesday, January 31, 2017 in Quebec City.

Killer Alexandre Bissonnette told a prison social worker he regrets not killing more people on the night of the deadly Quebec City mosque shooting.

"The victims are in heaven and I'm living in hell," he told social worker Guylaine Cayouette on Sept. 20, 2017.

He told her he was tired of playing a role, saying "it's not true that I don't remember anything. I remember it all."

READ MORE: Gunman says he went to Quebec mosque in 2017 to protect people from terrorists

Quebec mosque shooting: Judge refuses to release security camera videos

  Quebec mosque shooting: Judge refuses to release security camera videos A judge has turned down a request to broadcast footage from the Quebec City mosque from the night Alexandre Bissonnette killed six people there. Judge François Huot announced his decision Wednesday.A consortium of seven media outlets, including the Montreal Gazette, had requested permission to broadcast the videos.Huot is presiding over the trial of Alexandre Bissonnette, who last month admitted he walked into the Centre Culturel Islamique de Québec on Jan. 29, 2017, and killed six Muslim men as evening prayers were ending.

Security was tight during a brief, but packed court appearance for the accused in the Quebec City mosque shooting Tuesday morning. Alexandre Bissonnette , 27, who was charged Jan. 30 in connection with the attack that killed six men and wounded 19 others

The suspect in Sunday night's shooting at a mosque in Quebec , Canada has been identified as Alexandre Bissonnette . There were more than 50 people inside the mosque at the time of the attack .

Bissonnette then continued to recount what happened that night.

She describes him as calm, articulate and coherent.

READ MORE: Crown shows photo evidence in Quebec City mosque shooting sentencing hearing

In a report detailing his internet activity, presented by the Crown during sentencing arguments, Bissonnette looked up the Centre Culturel Islamique de Québec Facebook page, as well as its website, numerous times.

He saved pictures of the outside facade and interior of the mosque.

Quebec mosque shooting: 'Your father was a hero,' judge tells daughter of man who tried to stop attack

  Quebec mosque shooting: 'Your father was a hero,' judge tells daughter of man who tried to stop attack Fighting back tears, Azzeddine Soufiane’s 14-year-old daughter spoke at sentencing hearing for killer Alexandre Bissonnette as other people in the courtroom weptQUEBEC — Jan. 29, 2017, was a normal day at the Soufiane household in Quebec City.

Alexandre Bissonnette , the suspect in a mass shooting at a mosque , arrives at the court house in Quebec City on Feb. 21, 2017. More from HuffPost Canada: What Makes An Attacker A Terrorist In Canada?

Alexandre Bissonnette has been identified as the suspect in police custody in relation to Sunday's deadly attack at a Quebec City mosque . (Photo: Facebook). " Alexandre , before being a killer, he was a victim also," Guillet told several thousand people packed into the Quebec City convention centre.

He also looked up the Muslim Students Association at Laval University, as well as searching general information about Islam and feminism.

Bissonnette looked at YouTube videos about firearms, Donald Trump's Twitter account and collected multiple photos of firearms.

READ MORE: Quebec City court views video of mosque shooting

The report also includes several text message exchanges Bissonnette had with his dad, Raymond:

Jan. 28 at 5:52 p.m.

Raymond: twitter is going crazy on #muslimban

Alexandre: yea

Alexandre: i saw

Alexandre: but who cares

Alexandre: They have no power

Raymond: its always the same bunch of idiots

The day of the shooting, Bissonnette searched the Centre Culturel Islamique de Québec dozens of times on Google, as well as looked at articles about immigrants on ABC and Breitbart News websites.

He also looked up articles about immigrants stuck at JFK Airport as a result of Trump's travel ban; he looked at Justin Trudeau's Twitter account — specifically a tweet the prime minister sent welcoming those immigrants to Canada.

Quebec mosque shooting: Even before attack, Muslims were living in fear

  Quebec mosque shooting: Even before attack, Muslims were living in fear Quebec mosque shooting: Even before attack, Muslims were living in fearQUEBEC — Even before a gunman strode into a Quebec City mosque and killed six people last January, the city’s Muslim community had been living in fear.

Alexandre Bissonnette , a suspect in a shooting at a Quebec City mosque , is seen in a Facebook posting. READ MORE : * Mosque attack : A shout, a hail of bullets, then death * Mosque attack : French-Canadian man sole suspect * Mosque attack : 'Passionate' university professor killed

Quebec City Mosque Shooting Suspect Identified as Alexandre Bissonnette (UPDATE). by Alex Griswold | 10:18 am, January 30th, 2017. Canadian authorities have detained two people in connection to the Sunday Quebec City mosque attack .

READ MORE:  Quebec City mosque shooting anniversary leads to discussion about reconciliation

An hour before the shooting, he watched a video on the Glock 9mm handgun, the same gun he used in the shooting.

READ MORE: Footage from Quebec City mosque shooting will not be made public: Judge

Evidence presented in court showed Bissonnette was preoccupied by this type of material for at least a month before the shooting.

 

He was a member of a shooting range and watched dozens of videos on shooting and guns.

READ MORE: Accused in Quebec City mosque shooting pleads guilty

Crown prosecutors revealed Bissonnette Google searched "Mexico school shooting," "mall shooting," "airport shooting," "dead school shooters" and"Lépine shooting scene" — in reference to the Montreal École Polytechnique massacre — several times.

READ MORE: Quebec man paralyzed in mosque shooting receives $400K for new home

He was also particularly interested in Justin Bourque, the shooter that killed RCMP officers in New Brunswick, as well as Dylan Roof, a white supremacist behind the Charleston church shooting in 2015.

Parents of Quebec mosque shooter are collateral victims, judge says .
Parents of Quebec mosque shooter are collateral victims, judge saysQUEBEC — Alexandre Bissonnette has shown little emotion over almost six days of his sentencing hearing.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!