Entertainment Hedley Responds To Sexual Misconduct Allegations: ‘There Was Always A Line That We Would Never Cross’

21:55  14 february  2018
21:55  14 february  2018 Source:   ET Canada

Patrick Brown to enter PC leadership race: sources

  Patrick Brown to enter PC leadership race: sources Patrick Brown will enter the Progressive Conservative leadership race that was launched after his resignation due to sexual misconduct allegations in late January. Brown has staunchly denied the allegations, which were brought forward by two women in late January.

A day after The New York Times published a report where five women came forward with sexual misconduct allegations against Louis C.K These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true.

The recent wave of allegations of sexual misconduct has forced me to confront an ugly truth: racism made me a better man. When I was growing up, one of my mother’s greatest fears was that I would cross paths with a mean-spirited white girl. As a black boy, I got two talks.

Andrew Chin/Getty Images© Provided by Corus Media Holdings, Inc. Andrew Chin/Getty Images

A fan petition is calling to have Hedley pulled from this year's Juno Awards show in Vancouver over multiple accusations of sexual misconduct.

"We are aware of the serious allegations regarding Hedley and we are following this situation very closely,” said Allan Reid, President & CEO, CARAS/The Juno Awards and MusiCounts, in a statement to ET Canada on Tuesday.

Hedley has since responded to the accusations on social media on Wednesday:

"All of us in Hedley respect and applaud the #MeToo movement and the open and honest discussion it has inspired. We believe these conversations are particularly important within the music industry, which does not exactly have an enviable history of treating women with the respect they deserve. We appreciate the bravery of those who have come forward with their own stories, and we realize that all of us, as individuals and as a society, can and must do better when it comes to this issue.

Scott Thompson: Patrick Brown can clear his name, but only if no more allegations arise

  Scott Thompson: Patrick Brown can clear his name, but only if no more allegations arise Scott Thompson: Patrick Brown can clear his name, but only if no more allegations ariseFormer Ontario Progressive Conservative (PC) leader Patrick Brown says he has proof the allegations of sexual misconduct brought against him are false.

Update, November 30: The New York Times published a report on Wednesday that included additional allegations of sexual misconduct against Matt Lauer while he was at NBC. Following the Times report and the exposé published earlier on Wednesday by Variety, Lauer responded for the first time.

Louis C.K. responds to sexual misconduct allegations , saying the claims against him are true. "These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true.

However, if we are to have a meaningful, open and honest discussion, we all have to accept and respect that there are at least two sides to every story. The recent allegations against us posted on social media are simply unsubstantiated and have not been validated. We would hope that people will bear-in-mind the context in which these unsupported accusations have been made before passing judgement on us as individuals or as a band.

We realize the life of a touring band is an unconventional one. While we are all now either married or have entered into committed, long-term relationships, there was a time, in the past, when we engaged in a lifestyle that incorporated certain rock and roll cliches. However, there was always a line that we would never cross.

Brown calls allegations 'absolute lies'

  Brown calls allegations 'absolute lies' Former Ontario Progressive Conservative leader Patrick Brown says he's contemplating legal action to restore his reputation in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations, which he calls "absolute lies." Brown, who had already strongly denied the allegations, gave his first interview since stepping down from his position last month to the Postmedia news agency. In what the outlet calls an "emotional interview," Brown compares his experience of being accused of sexual misconduct to "getting hit by a truck.

Louis CK has issued a statement in response to allegations of sexual misconduct , saying: “These stories are true”. He adds: “At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true.

Spacey further addressed the rumors in a 2010 interview with The Daily Beast, emphasizing that talking about his sexuality was " a line I've never crossed and never will. … Unruh declined to elaborate when asked for comment. BuzzFeed News also asked Spacey's representatives about this allegation

We realize this conversation is as important to our fans as it is to us, and we never want to distract from these important discussions. To that end, as we move forward, we will be evaluating some of our next steps. Hedley’s music should only ever be a positive force, and our performances and personal appearances should continue to be inclusive and safe experiences that bring nothing but joy and happiness to our fans."

Numerous people on social media have accused members of the band of committing such serious acts. Among the stories are accusations Heldey preyed on girls as young as 14-years-old.

RELATED: 2018 Juno Awards Nominees Announced, See The Big Surprises

The heated backlash sparked the Twitter hashtag #OutHedley2k18. A user simply going by "T" is publishing what are supposedly anonymous stories about sexual misconduct relayed to her by alleged victims and witnesses.

RELATED: Barenaked Ladies Will Be Inducted Into Canadian Music Hall Of Fame

Global News spoke with T by phone, who said she was inspired to take her story online after seeing others share similar experiences on social media.

“Enough is enough,” T told Global News. “I just went to Twitter and started sharing and asking for people to share their stories. I didn’t expect it to blow up the way that it did.”

She added that she was overwhelmed by sheer volume of responses she received. “I'm just I'm so shocked that they've gotten away with so much,” she said. “Some of these girls are very, very hurt by what happened to them.”

Describing what happened to her, she said that Hoggard grabbed her backside when she met him a few years ago at a bar. She was 18 at the time, and said at first she felt flattered. Four years later, however, the 22-year-old now sees the incident as “messed up” and “sleazy.”

Hedley is nominated for four Juno Awards this year, including Fan Choice Award and Group of the Year.

ET Canada has reached out to Hedley’s rep for comment.

Tories in midst of internal policy review .
OTTAWA - The president of the federal Conservatives says the party is reviewing all internal policies in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations against former MPs. Scott Lamb says the review is on top of a promised third-party investigation into how one, Rick Dykstra, remained a candidate in 2015 despite senior party officials knowing he'd been accused of sexual assault. Conservative leader Andrew Scheer ordered an external investigation after high-ranking party staff disclosed they'd discussed removing Dykstra from the ballot but decided against it.

Source: http://ca.pressfrom.com/news/entertainment/-63500-hedley-responds-to-sexual-misconduct-allegations-there-was-always-a-line-that-we-would-never-cross/

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!