Sports No verdict in ex-NFL star's murder trial after 3rd day

01:06  12 april  2017
01:06  12 april  2017 Source:   Associated Press

Ex-NFL star begins presenting defence in double-murder trial

  Ex-NFL star begins presenting defence in double-murder trial BOSTON - Lawyers for former NFL star Aaron Hernandez have begun presenting their defence in his double-murder trial. After prosecutors rested their case Monday, Hernandez's lawyer called their first witness, a fan who had his photo taken with Hernandez the night prosecutors say Hernandez fatally shot two men. The fan said he spent about seven to 10 minutes talking with Hernandez at a Boston nightclub. He said he never saw a drink spilled on Hernandez. Prosecutors have said Hernandez killed two men because he felt disrespected after one of them spilled Hernandez's drink.He said Hernandez didn't seem angry when he later saw him outside.

BOSTON — The jury in the double- murder trial of ex - NFL star Aaron Hernandez has finished its third day of deliberations without reaching a verdict . Jurors have spent about 19 hours deliberating since Friday.

BOSTON (AP) — The jury in the double- murder trial of ex - NFL star Aaron Hernandez has finished its third day of deliberations without reaching a verdict . Jurors have spent about 19 hours deliberating since Friday.

Defendant Aaron Hernandez listens as Judge Jeffrey Locke addresses the jury's question during his double murder trial at Suffolk Superior Court, Tuesday, April 11, 2017, in Boston. Hernandez is on trial for the July 2012 killings of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado who he encountered in a Boston nightclub. The former New England Patriots NFL player is already serving a life sentence in the 2013 killing of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola, Pool) © The Associated Press Defendant Aaron Hernandez listens as Judge Jeffrey Locke addresses the jury's question during his double murder trial at Suffolk Superior Court, Tuesday, April 11, 2017, in Boston. Hernandez is on trial for the July 2012 killings of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado who he encountered in a Boston nightclub. The former New England Patriots NFL player is already serving a life sentence in the 2013 killing of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola, Pool)

BOSTON — The jury in the double-murder trial of ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez has finished its third day of deliberations without reaching a verdict.

Grace Robotti sentenced to life in prison for killing great-grandson's mother

  Grace Robotti sentenced to life in prison for killing great-grandson's mother During the trial, the court heard how Louie died after she was hit in the head 26 times with a crowbar. The jury also heard that tensions were high between Louie and Robotti, centred mostly around the care of Louie's three-year-old son.Grace Robotti was found guilty of second-degree murder in the death of Roxanne Louie, 26, earlier this month.

The jury in the double- murder trial of ex - NFL star Aaron Hernandez has finished its third day of deliberations without reaching a verdict .

BOSTON (AP) — The jury in the double- murder trial of ex - NFL star Aaron Hernandez has finished its third day of deliberations without reaching a verdict . Jurors have spent about 19 hours deliberating since Friday.

Jurors have spent about 19 hours deliberating since Friday. Deliberations are scheduled to resume Wednesday morning.

The former New England Patriots tight end is accused of shooting two men in 2012 after one of them accidentally spilled a drink on him at a Boston nightclub.

Hernandez's lawyers say a former Hernandez friend shot the men over a drug deal. That friend was the government's star witness and alleges Hernandez later shot him in the face to try to silence him. Hernandez faces a witness intimidation charge in that shooting.

The 27-year-old Hernandez is already serving a life sentence in the 2013 killing of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd.

Man accused in double murder of Calgary mother and child back in court .
Man accused in double murder of Calgary mother and child back in court The man accused of killing a five-year-old little girl and her mother in July 2016 was back in court Monday as the preliminary inquiry began.The small courtroom was filled with friends and family Monday as the preliminary inquiry for Edward Downey, 47, got underway. He's charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Sara Baillie and her five-year-old daughter, Taliyah Marsman.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!