Sports Prosecutors: Man arrested over attack on Dortmund

09:40  21 april  2017
09:40  21 april  2017 Source:   Sportsnet

Germany still hunting those behind Dortmund bus attack

  Germany still hunting those behind Dortmund bus attack BERLIN - German investigators said Thursday they have found no evidence so far that an Iraqi detained after the Borussia Dortmund bus attack was involved in the bombing, but he is suspected of membership in the Islamic State group. The search for the bomber or bombers continued. Three explosions on Tuesday evening near the soccer team's bus wounded a Dortmund player and a police officer as they headed to a Champions League match against Monaco. Three explosions on Tuesday evening near the soccer team's bus wounded a Dortmund player and a police officer as they headed to a Champions League match against Monaco.

Federal prosecutors said in a statement that the suspect, identified only as Sergej W., was arrested Friday in the Tuebingen area. They say the man is suspected of having acted for financial reasons and had speculated on Dortmund 's share value dropping after the attack .

German prosecutors say a 28-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of bomb attack on Dortmund team bus. Federal prosecutors said in a statement that the suspect, identified only as Sergej W., was arrested Friday in the Tuebingen area.

image © image image

BERLIN — Prosecutors say a 28-year-old German-Russian citizen has been arrested on suspicion of carrying out the bomb attack against a bus carrying members of the Borussia Dortmund soccer team.

A Dortmund player and a policeman were injured in the triple blasts last week as the bus was heading to the stadium for a match against AS Monaco.

Investigators found notes at the scene claiming responsibility in the name of Islamic extremists, but quickly doubted their authenticity.

Federal prosecutors said in a statement that the suspect, identified only as Sergej W., was arrested Friday in the Tuebingen area.

Dortmund fans open their doors to stranded Monaco supporters

  Dortmund fans open their doors to stranded Monaco supporters DORTMUND, Germany - With the help of a hashtag, Borussia Dortmund fans have opened their doors to stranded Monaco supporters after their Champions League game was called off. The first leg of the quarterfinals was postponed by a day after the Dortmund team bus was targeted in three blasts. Dortmund defender Marc Bartra needed surgery on injuries to his wrist and arm. Many Monaco fans had planned to return home after Tuesday's game and were left The first leg of the quarterfinals was postponed by a day after the Dortmund team bus was targeted in three blasts. Dortmund defender Marc Bartra needed surgery on injuries to his wrist and arm.

German prosecutors say a 28-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of bomb attack on Dortmund team bus. Dortmund struggles to come to terms with bomb attack on bus. Suspect from 'Islamic spectrum' detained in German soccer team bus blasts.

German prosecutors say a 28-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of bomb attack on Dortmund team bus. Federal prosecutors said in a statement that the suspect, identified only as Sergej W., was arrested Friday in the Tuebingen area.

They say the man is suspected of having acted for financial reasons and had speculated on Dortmund’s share value dropping after the attack.

Corruption probe involves 6 of Brazil’s World Cup stadiums .
A sprawling corruption probe of the country’s biggest constructor now involves half of Brazil’s 2014 World Cup stadiums. Testimonies from Odebrecht executives published Wednesday by Brazil’s top court indicated irregularities in the construction or financing of six World Cup arenas. The stadiums are the historic Maracana in Rio de Janeiro, which hosted the tournament final, the new Arena Corinthians and venues in Brasilia, Recife, Fortaleza and Manaus.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!