Sports Blue Jays’ Roberto Osuna ordered to stay away from downtown Toronto building

20:31  17 may  2018
20:31  17 may  2018 Source:   thestar.com

Canadian Paxton no-hits Blue Jays

  Canadian Paxton no-hits Blue Jays Canadian James Paxton pitched nine no-hit innings against the Toronto Blue Jays on Tuesday night, lifting the Seattle Mariners to a 5-0 victory. Paxton (2-1) struck out seven and walked three batters in a 99-pitch masterpiece. He raised both arms in the air after the final out — a ground ball to third base from Josh Donaldson — before his teammates mobbed him on the mound.

DUNEDIN, FLA. Blue Jays reliever Roberto Osuna spent the off season resting his elbow and shoulder, working “I was 3 1/2 blocks away ,” said Osuna on Tuesday, following a workout at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. MANDEL: Sea of purple ribbons as doc ordered to stand trial for murder.

Royals beat Blue Jays 5-4, at .500 for 1st time since April. After Kansas City scored four runs in the bottom of the ninth inning for a 5-4 victory on Friday night, Toronto manager John Gibbons said that Osuna wasn't feeling well, declining to discuss the matter further.

Toronto Blue Jays' closer Roberto Osuna has been placed on “administrative leave” by Major League Baseball following his assault charge earlier this month.© Tony Gutierrez Toronto Blue Jays' closer Roberto Osuna has been placed on “administrative leave” by Major League Baseball following his assault charge earlier this month.

Blue Jays pitcher Roberto Osuna must remain 100 metres away from a building near Lake Shore Blvd. W. and Strachan Ave., and has been ordered not to communicate with the woman he’s accused of assaulting earlier this month, according to a court document.

As a condition of his release, he’s also been ordered not to possess weapons or consume alcohol.

The 23-year-old pitcher is scheduled to appear in court designated for domestic offences at Old City Hall on June 18.

Richard Griffin: Roberto Osuna’s arrest for assault brings necessary repercussions

  Richard Griffin: Roberto Osuna’s arrest for assault brings necessary repercussions Richard Griffin: Roberto Osuna’s arrest for assault brings necessary repercussions“You’re dealing with human beings, regardless of the walk of life,” Jays manager John Gibbons said, choosing his words carefully. “Hopefully there’s nothing there. I love the kid not for what he’s done for us on the field, but because of who he is and my relationship with him over the years.

May 8, 2018 Toronto Blue Jays – Major League Baseball has placed Roberto Osuna on administrative leave following an arrest this morning for domestic violence. To correct things, Osuna added more upper-body muscle and has been working on staying more upright in his delivery.

Toronto Blue Jays Closer Roberto Osuna Opens Up Important Mental Health Discussion In Baseball. Roberto Osuna is taking time away from the Toronto Blue Jays in order to take care of his mental health. Why should we be paying more attention to this?

He has been charged with assault against Alejandra Roman Cota.

Last week, Toronto police’s Professional Standards unit launched an internal investigation into a leaked photo showing Osuna in a holding cell, legs outstretched and head down.

That investigation concluded this week, and the source of the photo leak was identified, the Star has confirmed. But any information about what discipline, if any, the individual responsible faced will not be made public.

On Thursday, Toronto police spokesperson Mark Pugash said “the matter has been resolved.” He said under the Police Services Act, the service is prohibited from providing any further information beyond that the investigation has concluded.

Major League Baseball placed Osuna on “administrative leave” on May 8 after the Toronto Blue Jays closer was arrested earlier in the day.

Toronto police investigate leaked photo of Blue Jays pitcher Roberto Osuna in holding cell

  Toronto police investigate leaked photo of Blue Jays pitcher Roberto Osuna in holding cell Toronto police are investigating an apparent leak of a photo of Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna in a holding cell after he was arrested and charged with assault on Tuesday. On Wednesday morning, a CCTV camera image that showed the 23-year-old reclining in his cell with legs outstretched emerged in a Global News story. Asked about the leak, Toronto police Const. David Hopkinson told CBC News the professional standards unit is investigating. Hopkinson said he didn't want to comment further and possibly jeopardize the investigation. "I'm not going to go into this because it's not standard.

John Lott of The Athletic reports that Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna was arrested Tuesday morning and charged with assault on a woman, per Toronto Police. Details are scarce right now, but Lott added in a story that Osuna is scheduled to appear in court on June 18.

Osuna was placed on administrative leave by Major League Baseball. CBC’s Aarti Pole gives the latest details regarding the arrest of Toronto Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna .

That leave was set to expire Tuesday, but has been extended to May 21.

The leave can run up to a week under the agreement between the commissioner’s office and MLB Players’ Association, but may be extended if further time is required.

Administrative leave is considered an absence from the player’s team, with a roster spot being filled.

With files from Betsy Powell and Richard Griffin

Osuna's administrative leave extended through May 28 .
NEW YORK - Major League Baseball has extended the administrative leave of Toronto closer Roberto Osuna for a third seven-day period through May 28 as it investigates an assault charge filed against the All-Star. Osuna was put on administrative leave by MLB on May 8. The pitcher was charged with one count of assault, according to Toronto Police Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu. Osuna, who is from Mexico, is scheduled to appear in court June 18. Osuna Osuna was put on administrative leave by MLB on May 8. The pitcher was charged with one count of assault, according to Toronto Police Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu. Osuna, who is from Mexico, is scheduled to appear in court June 18.

Source: http://ca.pressfrom.com/news/sports/-75072-blue-jays-roberto-osuna-ordered-to-stay-away-from-downtown-toronto-building/

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!